Tuesday, November 27, 2012

DIY Dollar Tree Project

Hi Everyone!  We hope you are all enjoying your Christmas decorating!  We wanted to share a quick DIY Dollar Store project!  This is a really fun and easy project.  My sister thought of this and she was nice enough to take the step by step pictures for us.  The picture frames were purchased at Dollar Tree.  The frames are so nice and turned out great! 
 
 
You will need the 3 dollar tree frames, card stock paper (purchased at Michaels), scissors, and of course a cup of coffee!!!
First you need to print out the letters on the card stock paper. 
  
 
This part you can try different fonts and pick out one you like.  She used the font BatangChe and font size 400.
 
 
Next you want to take the picture that comes with the frame and trace around the letter.  Make sure you try to center the letter.




 

When you cut on your trace line it will fit in the frame perfectly!

 
I love this for a shelf like this!  In our new kitchen we have a shelf just like this one and I can't wait to display my pictures.  Thanks Ange for making these for me I am so excited!
 
Thanks for stopping by everyone, we have a lot more Christmas decorating to show this week!  Stay tuned.  :)
 
 

~Audra & Denise

 
 
Sharing:
 
 
Debbiedoo's

16 comments:

  1. Cute project! Love the shelving too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry! I know I can't wait to use mine! :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, idea! Oh, the possibilities...lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Gotta love that Dollar tree:) THanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you absolutely gotta love the Dollar Tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and creative idea ... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Becca! Thank you for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Audra and Denise, that is such a great idea. $Store scores again and the shelf is a wonderful way to display them..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea , thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Judy! Thanks so much! :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wanda! These are easy and turn out so cute! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those turned out great! I have a ton of frames I keep meaning to do projects like this with. Thanx for joining THT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pamela, thanks so much! Thank you for hosting, and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Michelle! It is a fun project! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved your art so much that I pinned it and made my own. I would love for you to stop over and see how my turned out. I linked my post back to yours giving you full credit. Hope to see you soon. Happy Holidays!
    http://www.laurieslittlebitsofcreativity.com/2012/12/framed-joy-art.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read all of your comments!
~Audra & Denise