Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Powder Room Reveal

  Hi Everyone!  Well today I wanted to share my Powder Room remodel!  My husband and I just came the the end of a very large project.  We re-did our kitchen, family room, and powder room all at the same time.  We did all of the work ourselves.  It took about 10 months and there is a few things that still need done.  In the powder room I really wanted to do something different and put some color in the room.  I usually paint the walls neutral colors and I am glad I went with this color I love it!  Here are some before pictures.  




The wall paper was stuck on the walls so good.  It was torture taking it off!  I used a steamer and a paint scraper.




My whole house had honey oak trim around all doors, the windows, and the floor trim.  I changed all of it to an off white color.  We still have a few rooms to do upstairs, but we finally got the whole downstairs done!


We also ripped out the linoleum floors.  This was throughout the entire kitchen and bathroom, so glad to get rid of that!




I bought this shelf online a couple months ago. I still might add a picture to the wall but I haven't found anything I like yet.


I couldn't find a small picture with the right colors so I found this flower online and printed it out!  The frame is also from the Dollar store.



I got the blue washcloths at home goods, and just used them to add some color.  I also wrapped some soap in burlap to break up the colors.  The topiary I made from Dollar tree items!  You can find the post on how to make this rose topiary here.



I placed the soap petals from the dollar store around and filled some glass vases with bath salts.



I absolutely love this topiary!  I am going to try to make a couple more and see if I can find some different colors!  I think it is perfect for a bathroom.

Here are the before and after pics...



Thanks so much everyone for stopping by!  We have been busy at the shop trying to get new items made and to clean and organize everything there.  Have great week! :)

Joining:

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful update! Love the color you chose, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathy! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, you have done a fabulous job! That wall paper looks like it was a real task, but I love the update and new vanity. Thanks so much for linking, we love having you!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti! The wall paper gave me a big headache! haha thank goodness that is over! We love your blog and definitely will be back!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful redo. I am usually a neutral with a pop of colour kinda person.. but I luv the colour you chose.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gee! I get tired of the same old cream colors, so it was nice for a change!

      Delete
  4. Oh it looks so much better. I love the bead board. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful redo. Love the beadboard walls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful transformation!! LOVE the topiary!!

    I hope you will stop by and enter my 3rd Blog Anniversary Giveaway.....

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! We will be over, thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. beautiful reveal....can you please let me know where you purchased the vanity, counter and sink? I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vanity came with the counter and sink, and we purchased it at Lowes. It was about 8 months ago. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Hi! I just found your blog & now I'm following! Just wanted to say Great Makeover! Love the color:)
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori, thanks so much and thanks for following! :)

      Delete
  9. This looks great! I love the printed blue flower and the breadboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Hi Audra and Denise. I'm kind of confused. I have just seen that you left a comment of my last post, but it didn't show up on my gmail account, which it always does. So I don't mean to ignore you. I thank you so much for your kind words, and I'll try to figure out what happened..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy! No problem! There is always something going on with these computers! hehe Have a great week!

      Delete
  11. Hi Audra and Denise!

    I would like to pass along to you the Leibster Award which honors new bloggers. You can get the details at The Refeathered Roost. Congrats and keep up the great work!
    melinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melinda! Thank you so much for thinking of us! :)

      Delete
  12. Your powder room looks wonderful! Love the bead board too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your powder room is lovely! I particularly like the wall color and would be grateful if you could share the color and paint manufacturer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the makeover. It looks like it was tons of work but well worth it. Love that wall color. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read all of your comments!
~Audra & Denise